According to Ayurveda, when lymph is mixed with haemoglobin it forms Rakta dhatu or blood. Rakta dhatu specifies to the key fire of the body. By Ayurveda, Rakta dhatu is one of the important dhatus mentioned which is the principle and functional element by keeping the whole functioning of the body in a proper manner. The rakta dhatu, comprising the blood, spleen, liver and gallbladder. Rakta dhatu enhances the tone and complexion of the skin. It strengthens and nourishes Muscles. Pure-blood is most important for a Human. The term Rakta is the fluid that obtains nourished by essence part of food, which is cause for skin complexion, immunity and strength in the system. Rakta dhatu carries the nutrients and oxygen with itself and circulate through the whole body to provide nourishment. Rakta dhatu is the blood tissue that the red corpuscle component of blood which carries oxygen and air of the body. In the physical body, rakta assign straight to the blood, specifically the red blood cells.
When a person has pure blood in his body he exhibits the following symptoms.
– Glowing skin and attractive complexion.
– Sense organs work perfectly.
– Perfect digestive power.
– Always healthy and happy.
– Other dhatus get good nourishment.
– Energetic and active.
When a person has impure blood in his body he exhibits the following symptoms.
– Increased fire and the quality of pitta dosha.
– Increased frequency of urination.
– Various skin infection.
– Red eyes, skin & engorgement of blood vessels.
– Abnormal growth.
Causes of impure blood are
– Sleeping late.
– Taking food before the previous meal is digested.
– Hot Spicy Foods.
– Excess exposure to the sun & fire.
– Sleeping during the daytime after drinking liquid or eating oily and heavy foods.
The quality and quantity of rakta dhatu depend upon the absorption of the fire element. Food must first be digested by the main digestive fire. Healing the rakta dhatu means improving or you may say preparing the proper quantity and quality of fire in the body and mind. Rakta strengthens the body and keeps it healthy. It keeps the person active and increases the lifespan.
Lifestyle change to balance Rakta Dhatu
– Eat neutral-tasting foods and reduce spicy foods.
– Drink much more water daily.
– Go to bed before 10 pm.
– Take more Fruits & Vegetables.
– Don’t Skip Meals and maintain regular timings.
– Drink 1/4 cup of fresh Aloe Vera juice daily.
– Reduce Anger.
– Do Meditation regularly.
The person feels safe and sounds with a healthy passion for life without any disease when the rakta dhatu inside the body is healthy.