Eczema is a skin health issue always described by skin rashes that have itching, redness, dryness, swelling and flaking of dry skin. There is an uncontrollable feeling to scratch and when scratched, it results in a rash and skin inflammation. In Ayurveda, this infection is known as Vicharchika.
It happens when the immunity system of our body is rendered weak. So, the condition is frequently connected with other unfavorably susceptible conditions like hay fever, allergic asthma and so on. Genetic or hereditary elements, debility, atmosphere, and many psychological factors can cause Eczema skin conditions.
It is often frustrating to undergo all the treatment, going to your dermatologist taking all the chemical drugs that could take its toll on your body. So, you may be wondering is eczema curable in Ayurveda? Eczema is the aggravation of the external layer of skin. As indicated by Ayurveda it is caused in light of vitiation of all the three Doshas in particular Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
Causes of Eczema
Consuming food that is dry, stale, cold, salty, sour, or browned can lead your skin to issues. Similarly late night work routines, late night dinners, excessive physical, mental, and sexual activities; and stress can be the main reasons causing eczema. Drinking excessive tea, coffee, cold drinks or any alcoholic beverages can also be damaging for your skin. Prior to beginning the eczema treatment, the specialist Ayurvedic doctor analyses these causes and symptoms to distinguish the underlying reason, in view of which a detailed treatment is prepared.
Symptoms of Eczema
- Redness on skin
- Dry and flaky skin
- Unusually thickened skin
- Itchy blisters
- Irritation of skin
What Parts are Affected by Eczema?
Practically there are many instances which makers you believe that eczema can affect any part of your skin. It especially happens on places where the skin creases or folds. Some of the main areas of your body where eczema usually affects are:
- Scalp and hairline
- Intimae areas
Ayurvedic Eczema Treatment
As indicated by Ayurveda, Eczema or Vicharchika is caused because of faulty diet and improper lifestyle, which hinders natural digestion and results in irritation of Pitta Dosha. The manifestation of Pitta causes accumulation of heating toxins known as ama. These toxins in body tissues contaminate them deeply causing Eczema.
Use of over-the-counter creams, anti-infection lotions and steroids just treats the eczema symptoms; they don’t influence the main cause of this ailment. That is the reason behind why this issue regularly returns time and again. Ayurveda suggests a personalized Eczema treatment plan for patients, including appropriate diet and concentrated natural remedy. The line of treatment takes a shot at assuaging Pitta by improving the body’s digestion, just as cleansing the body of accumulated toxins.
Eczema Diet: Foods to Eat and Foods to Avoid
- The first and foremost rule is to keep away from oily, fried or spicy food
- Always make sure to stay away from too much hot and humid atmosphere
- Always make it a point to wear loose, cotton garments to let your skin breathe properly. Always keep away from synthetic fibers as they hinder natural perspiration.
- You must understand that you have to keep away from the usual toilet soaps available in the market today instead use mild herbal soap for bathing that is suitable for your skin.
- It is always a good idea to use a delicate, smooth towel when dying your skin after a bath and remember to stay away from rubbing the skin harshly, just pat the towel dry on your skin.
- Do not indulge in drinking too much tea, coffee or any alcoholic beverages and also stay away from canned food products.
- Yoga is the best way to maintain a healthy body and mind and it does helps to get good skin. Practice Bhujangasan and Agnisaar Pranayam to improve your body’s immunity system.
A Detailed Discussion on Types of Eczema
Since eczema is an infection of the external layer of skin, oral meds are not viable for its treatment. Such meds can just endlessly cover an issue and leave the fundamental causes of the skin disease to keep it coming back. Ayurvedic treatment for eczema receives a detailed procedure to purify blood to cure the underlying reason of the illness.
To understand the diagnosis of the treatment you must understand the types of eczema present. There are 7 types of eczema really, they are:
- Atopic Dermatitis: The most common eczema that starts in childhood and goes away or gets milder by adulthood.
- Contact Dermatitis: It happens when eczema happens when it is through immune system reaction or through any skin irritant allergy.
- Dyshidrotic Eczema: More common in women as compared to men, there are small blisters that form on your hand or feet.
- Hand Eczema: The type of eczema that happens only on your hand especially if you constantly use skin irritating chemicals.
- Neurodermatitis: Similar to atopic dermatitis it causes scaly and thick patches on your skin.
- Nummular Eczema: This type of eczema results in coin shaped spots on your skin which can be a lot itchy.
- Stasis Dermatitis: This type of eczema happens when the fluid from weakened veins breaks into your skin causing redness, swelling, itching and pain.
Natural Remedies for Eczema
Neem, Karanja seeds and Banyan tree peel poultices are the Ayurvedic herbs that are successful in eczema. Ayurvedic treatment for eczema additionally incorporates massaging with various oils, for example, sesame, almond, olive, linseed and ghee. Blend linseed oil in lime water and straightforwardly apply on the skin.
Diet changes in accordance with curing Eczema by consulting the best Ayurvedic clinic in Odisha. Dietary enhancements are a significant part of Ayurvedic cures along with opting for certain healthy lifestyle choices. Vegetables that have high substance of antioxidants and vitamins are valuable for eczema cure. Similarly, tomato, spinach, carrot, turmeric and spinach juice are a portion of the models.
The vegetables that must be avoided by people with eczema problems include cucumber, ginger, radish and onions. Also make sure you avoid sour foods at any cost. The best part of Ayurvedic treatment is that you don’t have to stress over symptoms. It is therefore known that Ayurvedic treatment for eczema is to a great extent utilized for children also as it is safe for the kids.
People with different type of skin problems always want to rely on natural remedies to cure their health issues. Today Ayurveda is becoming more and more popular and people are going back t ancient medicines to find a cure for simple health issues.
This is a more common sight today and nobody wants to have those harmful side-effects of the chemical medications. Apart from that some people do wonder can Ayurveda cure eczema completely and the answer is certainly yes. And that too it does by treating the underlying cause permanently so that it does not keep coming back. All you need to do is go visit an expert Ayurvedic practitioner like us and you are on your way for a natural cure.
We are one of the oldest Ayurvedic consultation center in Odisha and we are here for you. We will guide you with the right Ayurvedic treatment designed personalized on your symptoms to give you a natural cure.